The ACSA Model
Putting together a strong SBIR proposal takes time. Drawing on the resources and expertise of NM FAST, ACSA provides a guided, structured track of support, from registration to submission. Throughout the multi-week program, participants receive guidance on areas such as selecting the most relevant topic area, preparing an accurate budget, and creating a complete proposal package. Each week focuses on a different aspect of proposal preparation and creation.
Weekly, participants can expect to:
- Attend a virtual meeting
- Complete “assignments” to help them develop a strong proposal package in the future
- Receive feedback, guidance, and support from NM FAST
For this cohort, the ACSA program will focus on providing participants with general knowledge for addressing needs, writing technically, and determining cost drivers. This 6-week course will be run as a “SBIR 101” crash course for small businesses new to SBIR/STTR funding.
Through the ACSA program, you’ll receive targeted support on the following areas of proposal development:
- Diagramming your idea
- Executive summary & quad chart creation
- Technical writing
- Cost driver identification for budget creation
We are looking for small businesses working on innovative ideas in New Mexico.
SBIR Program Eligibility:
- Having 500 or fewer employees;
- Being independently owned and operated and organized for profit;
- Having your principal place of business in the U.S.;
- Being at least 51% owned by U.S. citizens or lawfully admitted permanent resident aliens;
- Performing all work within the U.S.;
- Having the Principal Investigator (PI) spend more than one-half of their time employed by the proposing firm; and,
- Having a minimum of two-thirds of the research work performed by the proposing firm in Phase I and one-half in Phase II.
To participate in ACSA, additional requirements must be met:
- Business must be working on an idea that aligns with federal agency definitions of “innovative”;
- Be a New Mexico based small business; and
- Business cannot have won a SBIR/STTR from any agencies in the past three years.