- This event has passed.
Water treatment Innovations and Networking Workshop
September 19 @ 8:15 am - 5:30 pmFree
Please join us for Brackish Groundwater National Desalination Research Facility ‘s 1st Annual “Water treatment Innovation and Networking” (WIN) Workshop!
The goal of the workshop is to allow clients of BGNDRF the opportunity to share their work with a broader audience in a rich environment for networking with potential customers, investors, partners and other interested parties. Participants will have the opportunity to get a first-hand look at BGNDRF and what it has to offer for technology development, validation testing, demonstration testing etc.
The event is a 1-day event on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at BGNDRF from 8:15 am to 5:30 pm. A half hour will be set aside for 3-minute pitches from the audience. A social hour and dinner will be held at 6:30 pm at a local restaurant the evening following the event. Tours of the facility will be held from 4:00 – 6:00 pm on the day preceding the event and from 8:00 – 10:00 am on the day following the event.
Various companies and organizations with projects or upcoming projects at the Bureau of Reclamation’s Brackish Groundwater National Desalination Research Facility (BGNDRF) will give invited to give 25 minute presentations.
Lunch will be provided by the New Mexico Desalination Association. Break time refreshments will be provided by GreenDesal of the University of North Texas.
Visit the BGNDRF WIN page for more information https://www.usbr.gov/research/bgndrf/win.html
- Dr. Nirmal Khandan, NMSU – Potable Water Recovery Using an Integrated Algal-Osmosis Membrane System
- Dr. Jarrod Massam, Omya – Revers Osmosis (RO) Post Treatment
- Bureau of Reclamation – Funding Opportunities through the Bureau of Reclamation
- Dr. Miguel Acevedo, University of North Texas – Wind and Solar Desalination for Small Scale Agriculture and Potable Water
- Dr. Eugene Rozenbaoum, LG Chem – Brackish Water RO Membranes
- Dr. Pei Xu, NMSU – Selective and Anti-fouling Ion-Exchange Membranes for Water Reuse and Desalination
- Zetdi Sloan, NMSU Arrowhead Technology Incubator – Accelerating and Funding Innovation in New Mexico
- Dr. Chad Unrau and Brian McDonald, Magna Imperio Systems – END Electro-Desalination
- Brett Danson, Global Environmental Legacy Foundation – From Lab to Pilot to Full System with GELF Membership
- Andrew Schevets, Amorphic Tech Ltd – Development of Low Cost Energy Recovery for Brackish Water RO
- Dr. Mona Elshinawy, NMSU – The 29th Annual NMSU Environmental Design Contest
- Dr. Pei Xu, NMSU – Non-chemical Pretreatment for Membrane Scaling Control During Brackish Water Desalination
- Dr. Oara Neumann, Rice University NEWT – Nanophotonics Assisted Solar Water Purification
- Presentation by MIT – Photovoltaic Integration with Electrodialysis (TENTATIVE)
- Dr. Natasha Wright, MIT – Photovoltaic Integration with Electrodialysis
Talks of Interest to Clients:
- Zetdi Sloan, NMSU Arrowhead Center – Opportunities through the NMSU Arrowhead Center Technology Incubator
- Dr. Mona Elshinawy, NMSU – Annual NMSU Environmental Design Contest
- Mike Hightower, UNM – Update regarding the formation of the NM desalination association
- Joe Cresko, Department of Energy – DOE Desalination Bandwidth Study and Desal Hub Update Regarding the Desal Hub (Tentative)
- Tuesday, 18 September 2018 – Tours 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, 19 September 2018 – WIN Workshop 8:15 am – 5:30pm
- Wednesday, 19 September 2018 – Evening Social at Casa De Suenas in nearby Tularosa, NM 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday, 20 September 2018 – Tours 8 am – 10 am