BizSprint is an Arrowhead Accelerator program to launch successful businesses. The goal of this program is to accelerate New Mexico startups to drive economic growth. Through BizSprint you will receive mentorship, coaching and $2,000 in participant support.
- Teams must include an Entrepreneurial Lead (EL), a Technical Lead (TL), and a Business Mentor (M). You don’t need a full team to apply, although preference is given to complete teams.
- The Entrepreneurial Lead (EL) and business must be based in New Mexico.
- Availability to attend one three-hour and four two-hour workshops virtually or in-person:
- Summer 2018 Cohort will meet Friday mornings July 13th, 2018-August 10th, 2018
- To successfully complete BizSprint, teams are expected to conduct thirty (30) interviews with potential customers for their product or service.
- $2,000 participant support must be used to advance the participant’s business.
- Participants must have plans to sell their products or services outside New Mexico.
- If the business is based on science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) or another topic normally supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF), eligibility can be granted for the NSF I-Corps team program. For more information about what NSF funds please visit: www.nsf.gov/funding/aboutfunding.jsp
Reach a go or no-go decision for your project.
Apply For The Summer 2018 Cohort
Applications for BizSprint Summer 2018 Cohort are now open! Apply by June 18th, 2018 to be considered for the Summer 2018 Cohort. Please apply early, especially if you need help finding a team.
Dr. Kramer Winingham
Director & Instructor, Aggie I-Corps
Dr. Kramer Winingham serves as a Program Director for Arrowhead Center and is the Director of NMSU’s National Science Foundation I-Corps Site and Director of Studio G – NMSU’s Student Business Accelerator. He holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration with specializations in Finance and Information Systems, and a Doctorate of Economic Development from NMSU. His doctoral thesis “Economic Development through Technology Transfer” developed a novel approach to technology transfer incorporating design thinking – this approach is applied to commercializing NMSU technologies at the Arrowhead Center. He currently serves as CEO/President for two companies commercializing technologies. He also owns and operates a property management company.
Manager & Instructor, Aggie I-Corps
Chris Dunn works as the Studio G Coordinator at Arrowhead Center. Chris graduated with Bachelors of Arts Degrees in Economics and Philosophy and a Master of Arts in Economics from NMSU. He helps NMSU students and alumni through the process of starting their own businesses and venturing onto the path of entrepreneurship by connecting Studio G clients with advisors, guiding them through best practices for startups, and offering value added advice. Chris aims to view things from different perspectives while maintaining an eye towards consumer preferences and market needs. In his spare time, Chris likes to let his mind wander and theorizes about human nature, morality, and the good life.
BizSprint is supported by the New Mexico Gas Company.